Saturday, December 15, 2007

Growing Fast

I was surprised last night by my son's willingness to give me a hand with a delivery I needed to make. So, I asked him to give me a hand while going to the recycling center this morning. Again, a surprise!

To make it interesting for him, I let him jump in the truck and start it up. We hook a small trailer to it to carry the over-sized stuff. So, while the truck was warming, I asked him if he'd like to back it up to the trailer. He remarked that he didn't think that he could do that, but I told him that I had confidence and trust in him.

He took the bull by the horns, and backed it up almost as though he'd been doing it his whole life! Keep in mind, he'll soon be celebrating his twelfth birthday.

I share this because I once again have seen my son growing up before my eyes. How I wish I could slow things down a little bit! It seems that every time I look at him, his taller, wiser, closer to becoming a man....

No comments: